The Simple.TV app for Android is available on Google Play and the Amazon App Store.
For users with devices not supported by the App Store, or Kindle Fire devices which are not able to access the Simple.TV application through one of the app stores, a direct download is available below.
Simple.TV for Android v1.4.30 [Download Link]
Simple.TV for Android v1.4.26 [Download Link] (Older version)
Simple.TV for Android v1.3.9 [Download Link] (Older version)
- Schedule conflicts with multiple shows will always appear
- Progress indicator behavior fixed when swiping through EPG
- Switching DVRs will always update program guide appropriately
- Added program guide (EPG) view to Live TV
- Cleaner look and feel
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes
Preparing Your Device To Install
You must first prepare your device to accept apps from sources outside of an app store.
1) Go to Settings on your device. For Kindle Fire devices, swipe down the top navigation bar and tap on Settings.
2) Tap Applications
3) Look for a setting titled "Apps from Unknown Sources" or similar and turn it on
1) On your Android device, navigate to this page and click the download link above using a web browser. Alternatively, you can email yourself the link and open it on the device.
2) The app should begin downloading automatically once you've opened the download link. If prompted before the download begins, choose to Open the file.
3) Once the download is complete, the file should appear in the Notifications Area of your device. In this area, tap on the entry for the Simple.TV app and follow the on-screen instructions.
There are other ways to install our application, such as by using a file manager that may work better for some users. You can find more information about this method using one of the following links:
How to Sideload Android Apps (MaximumPC)
How to Sideload Apps onto Your Kindle Fire (How-To Geek)